Most meet & greets at VidCon are allocated via a matchmaking system that will run for two weeks prior to the event. Matchmaking typically opens one to two months before the event and when it does, we will notify everyone via social, email, and our website. Participation in Meet & Greet Matchmaking is the only guaranteed way to receive meet & greets at VidCon.
Those who purchase 2-Day Community or 3.5-Day Industry tickets prior to or during Meet & Greet Matchmaking are eligible to enter. Community Track Single-day tickets are not eligible for entry!
Attendees who are 5 years old and younger do not need their own ticket as long as they will be accompanying a ticketed adult, and may participate in any activities offered by their guardian’s ticket type including any meet & greets the guardian receives during Meet & Greet Matchmaking.
How Meet & Greet Matchmaking works:
When the Matchmaking site opens, eligible attendees will be able to log in using the order holder’s email address and their Order ID and choose from the list of participating Featured Creators, ranking them in order of interest. This is not a first-come, first-served system; you can take your time submitting your responses as long as your entry is submitted by the final deadline. When matchmaking closes, our system will work its magic and assign sessions to attendees.
- There is no way to predetermine who you will meet, how many sessions you will receive, or the days and times of those sessions.
- All attendees have a fair chance. There is no way to increase your chances of meeting a particular creator.
- Simply entering the Meet & Greet Matchmaking does not guarantee a session with any one Featured Creator, but every entrant will receive at least one session with a creator they have ranked.
- You must rank all 10 Featured Creators; otherwise, your entry will be considered incomplete and will not be saved.
- All results are final. Only entries that are filled out correctly and saved will be entered in the system. Once the site closes, no additional entries will be accepted and no modifications can be made. If you are unsure whether your entry was submitted successfully, please reach out to email@example.com.
- Trading and/or gifting of meet & greet sessions is strictly prohibited. Additionally, parents and chaperones will not be able to give their meet & greets to their child.
Meet & Greet Matchmaking gives attendees an even chance of meeting their favorite creators and ensures that no one waits in line needlessly only to be disappointed when a session is full. It reduces the amount of time people are waiting in Meet & Greet Hall lines in general. The good news is that in addition to the Meet & Greet Hall there are so many fun things to see and do while you’re at VidCon!