VidCon #IMAPERFORMER Contest
1. Entry Period: The "VidCon #IMAPERFORMER Contest" (the "Promotion") commences at 4:00 PM Pacific Savings Time (PST) on July 25, 2020 and continues through 11:59 PM (PST) on August 16, 2020 (the "Promotion Period").
2. Sponsor/Administrator: The Promotion is sponsored and administered by VidCon, LLC, 224 W Spruce St, Missoula, MT 59802("VidCon") the "Sponsor").
3. Promotion Overview: Participants are invited to submit a video showcasing a performance of their original songs for a chance to perform at the next scheduledVidCon US event. Entries will be submitted online via a link promoted by Sponsor at vidcon.com/imaperformer whereby a panel of judges comprised of representatives from VidCon will judge all eligible entries in accordance with the selection process set forth below to select four (4) finalists (each a "Finalist") who will be invited to participate in VidCon'slive, virtual "I'm a Performer" showwhich is currently scheduled for "broadcast on YouTube on August 22, 2020 (the "Live Show"). During the Live Show, Finalists will record their one (1) original song which will be played during the Live Show.At the end of the show the audience will vote to determine the one (1) winner (the "Winner").
4. Eligibility: The Promotion is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Puerto Rico who are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older at time of entry and who meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Must be available to attend the YouTube Live Show on July 27, 2020 between 4:00PM (PST) and 7:00 PM (PST)
- Entrants must have the right and ability to travel to VidCon US 2021 Anaheim, CA to partake in the Prize awarded (if participant is under the age of 18 at time of travel, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian);
- Entrants must not be, at time of entry or through the date of all prize fulfillment and acceptance, a party to any agreement with any record label, production company, publishing company or any third party that might interfere with entrant's participation in the Promotion and /or acceptance of the prizes awarded.
- Any entrant under the age of 18 must obtain the permissionof his/her parent or legal guardian in order to participate and if selected as a winner, he/she must obtain the signature of his/her parent or legal guardianon all legal documents required to be executed in connection with the Promotion. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND PUERTO RICO AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of VidCon, Viacom International Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and other affiliated companies, sponsors, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns (collectively, with Sponsors, the "Sponsor Entities) are not eligible to participate. By participating in the Promotion, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Promotion; (b) to release and hold harmless Sponsor against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in the Promotion and/or use or misuse or redemption of a Prize; and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
5. To Enter: During the Promotion Period, entrants must fully and accurately complete all entry fields on the online entry form which is accessible at vidcon.com/imaperformer (the "Promotion Website"), including uploading an unlisted link of a video of a song wholly original to entrant that is no longer than 4:00 minutes (the "Video" . In the video entrants must include a brief introduction of themselves, including where they are from and the inspiration for the submitted song. The completed online entry form together withthe Video shall constitute an "Entry". Entrants will be required to read and comply with these Official Rules as part of completing an Entry.
If you do not agree with the terms of these Official Rules, do not submit an Entry. Limit one (1) Entry per person permitted.
The Entry must constitute a completely original work by the entrant [e.g., the Video must not have been previously released commercially, taken or composed, in whole or in part, from any other source other than the entrant, commissioned, developed or produced forany commercial enterprise and must not contain images, music, language, lyrics, characters, graphics, or other elements which are have been created, developed, copyrighted, trademarked and/or patented or which are owned or subject to proprietary or licensing rights of or by an entity other than Entrant(s) personally and in their individual capacity(ies).]. Entrants shall not have the right to publicly or commercially display Videos outside of the context of the Promotion or other than as explicitly permitted by Sponsor. Videos may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.If theVideo contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Video by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules.
Entrants agree that Entries shall not contain, include or involve any of the following:
• Gratuitous obscenity
• Crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols
• Gang signs or symbols
• Excessive, extreme or gratuitous violence
• Glamorization of illegal drug or alcohol use
• Commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or their trademarks, brands, logos or endorsements
• Unauthorized trademarks and copyrighted material (e.g., music, etc.)
• License plates, phone numbers, personal addresses – physical or email or otherwise
• Web site or web page links
• Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), any assault or threatening of others
• Trespassing or the violation of other people's rights or property
• Illegal (e.g., discriminatory, harassing) or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct (e.g., inflicting emotional distress)
• Conduct or activities in violation of these Official Rules
• Any other content, display, materials and/or images that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion
Language and themes contained in entries will be evaluated by Sponsor based on content and societal acceptability.
Sponsor is not obligated to, use, publish, display or broadcast any Entries. Each entrant acknowledges that Sponsor will rely on such entrant's agreement and compliance with these Official Rules when entrant submits or attempts to submit the Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Entries that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of the policies of Sponsor's "Standards and Practices Guidelines" or the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor may modify or edit any materials related to an entry or request entrants to do so, so that such materials meet such guidelines.
All Entries must be received within the Promotion Period.Each Entry must contain solely the entrant's original ideas and language. Each Entry should also include entrant's full name, age and email address where he or she can be reached during regular business hours [Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (ET)]. Completed Entries, submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be collectively referred to hereinafter as the "Eligible Entries". All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Incomplete and/or late Entries that are illegible, incomplete or contain information other than as requested will not be accepted. No responsibility is assumed for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries into this Promotion. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, mutilated, illegible or misdirected entries or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion or the Internet or at any web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Promotion. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion or for any reason Sponsor deems it necessary, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, delay or suspend the Promotion due to any reason of a technical, creative or other nature. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void. By participating in this Promotion, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
6. Judging Panel: The judging panel will be comprised of representatives from VidCon, (collectively, the "Judges"). Please note: Sponsor reserves the right to conduct phone interviews with some or all of the entrants in order to clarify any information submitted on an entry.
7. Judging Criteria/Finalist Selection/ Winner Selection: Judges will select four(4) finalists (each a "Finalist") from among all the Eligible Entries received based on which entrants, in their subjective opinion, submitted the most original and creative lyrics as well as the strongest vocal performance (the "Judging Criteria"). The application of the Judging Criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judges. Finalists will be determined on or around August 17, 2020 and contacted by Sponsor via theemail address provided on Finalist's entry form to confirm identity and eligibility. Finalists will have twenty-four (24) hours to respond. In the event that a potential Finalist cannot be reach or fails to confirm eligibility within twenty-four (24) hours an alternate Finalist will be selected.
Finalists must be available on July 27, 2020 between the hours of 4:00PM (PST) – 7:00PM (PST) to participate in the Live Show where, following review of their song, the public will be invited to take part in a public vote to determine the one (1) winner (the "Winner"). In the event of a tie or for any other reason that the voting process is interrupted, delayed or tampered with, Sponsor reserves the right to make the final winner determination, in its sole discretion, in a fair and equitable way, based on the Judging Criteria. To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor disclaims any liability from, and applicants (whether or not awarded a prize) agree to waive, any claims against Sponsor or Judges relating to the judging or awarding process. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Promotion (or any part thereof) and cancel the Prizes or any of them in the event that, in Sponsor's opinion, there are insufficient entries for Sponsor to be able to select the Winner or award the Prize or, in Sponsor's opinion, improper conduct by an entrant (or any number of them) has rendered the Promotion unfair to all entrants. Sponsor's decision is final with respect to any aspect of the Promotion, including the determination of the Winner.
8. Winner Verification: Winner, as a condition of receiving the Prize, must sign (a) an affidavit of eligibility and liability release releasing the Sponsor and its corporate parents, subsidiaries, employees, affiliated entities, consultants, volunteers, advertising agencies, from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Promotion or the use or acceptance of the Prize; (b) except where prohibited, a promotional release granting the right to use their names (including, without limitation any existing social handles of Winner) and likenesses for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation and (c) additional legal documentation furnished by Sponsor verifying Winner's acceptance of these Official Rules and the conditions of participation in this Promotion. Entry into this Promotion constitutes Winner's agreement to sign such releases. Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsors and return them as instructed and in timeframe requested by Sponsors. Noncompliance by any participant may result in such participant's disqualification.
9. Prizes/Prize Terms: The one (1) winner ("Winner") will receive two (2) passes to attend VidCon US in Anaheim, CA in 2021 to perform his/her winning song. In addition to the passes, the Winner shall receive transportation and hotel accommodations up to $900.00 to include:
(a) round-trip coach airfare for Winner and his/her one (1) guest (who must be at least eighteen (18) years of age) (the "Guest") between a gateway airport in the fifty United States nearest Winner's primary residence and Anaheim, CA (if Winner resides within a one hundred fifty  mile radius of Anaheim, CA, airfare for Winner and Guest will be replaced with ground transportation) and (b) two (2) nights hotel accommodations at a hotel in Anaheim, CA to be determined by Sponsor (which includes one (1)1] standard room based on double occupancy, room and tax only) (the "Hotel") (collectively, the "Prize"). Winner shall be solely responsible for all additional expenses in excess of $900.00.
No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prize or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded. The dates for fulfillment of the Prize will be within approximately one (1) year of the selection and verification of the Winner however such dates are subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. In the event that the regularly scheduled VidCon US event does not take place, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the in-person performance with a virtual/online performance.
All entrants acknowledge and agree that acceptance of and participation in a Prize experience is not intended to create any relationship of employment between VidCon and any entrant and the entrant is under no obligation to accept or partake in any part of the Prize.
If a Winner resides in a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian who must be deemed the allotted Guest. If a Winner's Guest resides in a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor, such Guest must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian who must be deemed the Winner. If a Winner is a qualifying Minor, the Prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. Prize fulfillment is subject to availability of services. The Prize may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, commissioned or redeemed for cash value elements may not be substituted by Winner. Winner is responsible for: travel insurance; local and long distance telephone calls; meals and beverages (other than as expressly set forth in these Official Rules); communications including internet; merchandise and souvenirs; incidental expenses; additional tips and gratuities; income and other taxes; transportation (other than as expressly set forth in these Official Rules); and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein.
The approximate retail value (the "ARV") of the Prize is 900.00 (USD) and the total ARV of all Prize sinthis Promotion is $900.00. The actual final retail value of the Prize may be higher or lower based on point of departure. Any difference between the final value and the approximate retail value will not be awarded. Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. All prize elements, dates and arrangements are subject to change based on availability and provider's approval. Any portion of the Prize not accepted by the Winner will be forfeited. If Prize is forfeited in its entirety, and there is sufficient time to determine and notify an alternate Winner, the Prize may be awarded to an alternate Winner. Winner and his/her Guest must present valid U.S. Government issued photo ID's to partake in the Prize. Guest (or his parent or legal guardian, if Guest is deemed to be a Minor) must complete and return a Liability and Publicity Release prior to prize fulfillment. No prize substitution is permitted by Winner. A potential Winner is not a recipient of the Prize until he/she has been verified as the Winner by the Sponsor. Upon finalizing all prize arrangements for Winner and his/her Guest, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the Prize to such Winner, and the Winner assumes full responsibility for the Prize. If for any reason whatsoever, the Winner is unable to utilize any services or portions of the Prize after all arrangements have been made and paid, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to him/her. Sponsor hall be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever with respect to the prizing. Winner will be solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state or local taxes on the Prize based upon the value of the Prize as set forth in these Official Rules and will be issued an IRS form 1099 for the value as published in these Official Rules. Any details related to the Prize not specified herein shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prize or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
Winner and his/her Guest must travel together on the same itinerary and must possess all required travel documents and comply with any applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. All aspects of the travel portions of the Prize must be conducted on such dates as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The dates of departure and return for Winner are subject to change at Sponsor's sole discretion. Airfare may not include government taxes, Passenger Facility Charge or September 11th Security Fee. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. Other travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. All airline tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel routes and select hotels in its sole discretion. The ARV for travel prizes is an estimate made before the Promotion begins. The Winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. The round-trip air transportation element for any travel prize begins and ends at the point of departure. No interest will be awarded on cash prizes. Room taxes and other hotel fees are not included and if applicable may be payable at the time of check-out by the Winner/Guest. A deposit or payment in advance, or presentation of a credit card by the Winner, may be required at the time of check-in at the hotel. Any hotel cancellations or changes to hotel reservations after confirmation must be made with the hotel directly, and the Winner is solely responsible for any charges and/or fees arising from changes made directly with the hotel. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the Prize described above may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the prize claim documents and/or other travel documents. In the event Winner and/or Guest engages in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send such Winner and/or Guest home with no further compensation.
10. Sponsor-Produced Programming:Sponsor may, at, its option, producefilm/video of the Finalists/Winner in connection with this Promotion and the fulfillment of the Prize and/or ancillary material captured during or relating to the Prize activities. Winner hereby consents to participate in the foregoing activities, as reasonably requested by Sponsor. All film/video/photo/audio/written material and programming created by Sponsor will be referred to as "Programming". Sponsor shall be the exclusive owner of the copyright and other rights in and to the Programming. Sponsor,its subsidiaries, affiliates, affiliated broadcast stations and networks and licensees will be able to use the Programming forever and throughout the world, and to license others to use it, in any manner Sponsor wishes and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered or developed without notice, including for advertising, promoting and publicizing any of its products or services, such use may include portions and excerpts, in addition to cut in synchronized, dubbed and superimposed versions of the Programming. By participating in the foregoing activities/events, Winner acknowledges that Sponsor may use the Programming in accordance with the permission granted herein without any compensation, royalty, payment, liability or obligation to the Winneror any third party. Sponsor is under no obligation to broadcast or otherwise exploit the Programming.
11. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification.ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY THE WINNER THAT WILL BRING WINNER OR SPONSORENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSORENTITIES' SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE WINNERAND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The Sponsor Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Promotion. The Sponsor Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Promotion. The Sponsor Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this Promotion, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winner or in the announcement of the Winner.If, for any reason, this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsorreserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion.Should this Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on vidcon.com/imaperformer during the Promotion Period and the Prize may be awarded to recipients to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and, or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted.Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find (a) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entry,(b) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Promotion, (c) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, (d) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (e) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Promotion.CAUTION:ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS OPPORTUNITY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THIS OPPORTUNITY AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THIS OPPORTUNITY.EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from this Promotion, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sponsor Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes awarded.
13. For inquiries related to the Promotion or the name of the Winner, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in the subject line whether you are requesting "Official Rules" or the name of the "Winner". All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the name of the Winner must be made within sixty (60) days of the end of the Promotion Period..
14. Sponsor: This Promotion is sponsored by VidCon, LLC.