Last Modified: January 1, 2020
If you are a California resident, in order to learn more about your California Privacy Rights, please see the California Privacy Notice. section below.
Personal Information We Collect
Information You Provide
We collect information directly from you in a variety of ways. For example, we may collect information when you:
• Register for an account, participate in interactive areas of our Services, or fill out forms on our Services;
• Request additional information about our Services or sign up to receive news, information or special offers from us;
• Interact with us on social media;
• Purchase any product, subscription, or event ticket from us;
• Attend one of our events;
• Request information or assistance from us, including correspondence with our customer service teams;
• Participate in or respond to surveys or requests for opinions, feedback and preferences;
• Participate in events, screenings, contests, sweepstakes, or promotions.
• The types of information we collect directly from you include;
• Identifiers, such as your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address;
• Demographic information, such as your gender and age;
• Commercial information, such as payment and billing information; and
• Other information that relates to or is capable of being associated with you, such as passwords, personal preferences and interests, age, gender, and any other personal information you choose to provide.
Information Collected Automatically
We automatically collect personal information when you access and use our Services, including:
• Device and network identifiers such as your IP address, mobile advertising ID, media access control (MAC) address, and identifiers associated with browser cookies, web beacons and similar technologies we deploy on our Services;
• Internet or electronic network activity information, such as your Internet service provider (ISP), browser type and operating system version, language settings, access times, pages viewed, the routes by which you access our Services, and your use of any hyperlinks available within our Services; and
• Geolocation data, such as (i) information that identifies the precise location of your mobile device (when we have your consent to do so) and (ii) your IP address, which may be used to estimate your approximate location.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Information from Third Parties
We may collect personal information about you from other sources so we can better understand you and provide you with services, advertising, and offers that may be of interest to you. For example, we may collect personal information about you from:
• Third-party social media services, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google, that you use to interact with our Services (e.g., to create an account) or that allow you to share information, but always in accordance with the authorization procedures and privacy settings you establish with such social media services;
• Television services (or “multichannel video programming distributors”) or other third-party services, such as film exhibitors, that distribute our content; and
• Our unaffiliated partners, such as third-party interactive applications (e.g., mobile devices, third-party services, embedded audio and video players), co-branded partners and websites (e.g., on our Facebook pages), our advertisers, and commercially available sources (e.g., data aggregators and public data sets).
Personal Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we, or our partners, collect. For example, we may make inferences that you are interested in a particular type of content or event so that we can show content or ads that are more relevant to your interests. We may also build a profile of you containing information that we, or third parties, may collect in order to identify you across sites, devices, and over time and may augment your profile with information derived from inferences described above.
All of the information we collect about you may be combined and used for the purposes described in the “Use of Your Personal Information” section below.
Use of Your Personal Information
We collect and use information about you for the following purposes, including to:
• Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, as well as to develop new content and features;
• Complete the transactions you request and perform our contractual obligations;
• Create, manage, and authenticate your account;
• Send notifications related to your account and purchases;
• Send promotional messages and newsletters such as via email, text messaging, or push notification;
• Enable you to participate in public platforms or other interactive features of the Services;
• Respond to customer service requests;
• Conduct internal research and development;
• Target advertisements to you both on and off of our Services;
• Analyze traffic and user activities on our Services, identify popular areas or features, and optimize and personalize the Services;
• Debug the Services; and
• Protect the rights and property of Viacom and others and comply with our legal obligations, including to detect, investigate, and prevent fraud and other illegal activities and to enforce our agreements.
We may use each of the categories of personal information we collect for all of the uses described above.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We share the personal information we collect in the limited circumstances described below.
• With our Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We disclose your personal information to other Viacom companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, for the purposes described in the Use of Personal Information.section above.
• With our Service Providers. We share personal information with unaffiliated companies or individuals we hire or work with that perform services on our behalf, including customer support, web hosting, information technology, payment processing, event providers, direct mail and email distribution, contest, sweepstakes and promotion administration, and analytics services.
• In Connection with a Corporate Transaction. We may disclose or transfer personal information as part of, or during negotiations for, any purchase, sale, lease, merger, or any other type of acquisition, disposal, or financing involving our brands.
• With our Professional Advisors. We share personal information with our legal, financial, insurance and other advisors in connection with the corporate transactions described above or in connection with the management of our business and operations.
• With Law Enforcement Authorities and Individuals Involved in Legal Proceedings. We share personal information when it’s necessary for us to comply with applicable law or legal process, to respond to legal claims, or to protect our rights, property or personal safety of our users, employees, or the public.
• With Your Consent or At Your Direction. We share personal information with third parties when you ask us to do so or intentionally interact with a third party. For example, if you decide to participate in certain interactive areas or features of our Services, such as posting a comment on a public blog, you are directing us to share this information with other users of our Services.
We do not sell your identifying information such as your name, email address, phone number, or postal address. Some of our brands share identifiers such as cookies and the advertising identifier associated with your mobile or internet-connected device with our advertising partners, and those partners use and share those identifiers to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. Where a brand does this, it will give you the opportunity to opt out by clicking the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link on the home page of the relevant website, mobile and online application, or other service. Please note that when you use these tools on our websites, you will need to renew your choices if you clear your cookies or use a new browser or device.
Please visit srp.viacom.com/sitefaq.html for more information on the key third-party partners that we use to provide online behavioral advertising, sometimes called personalized advertising or tailored advertising, and your choices regarding the use of your information.
The Services may allow you to share your personal information with social media platforms and other third parties. When you share in this manner, the privacy practices of the social media platform control who has access to your information and how it is treated by the social media platform. Please consult the privacy policies of any social media platform to which you share information in this manner to learn about the social media platform’s data practices.
Your Rights and Choices
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as emails about your account or orders from us.
When you use any of our mobile and online applications that collect precise location information, you may be asked to consent to the collection of this information. You can change your preferences at any time through the settings on your mobile device.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
California Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please review these additional privacy disclosures, which provide a summary of how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from you and also explains your rights under California law.
Categories of Information We Collect, Use, and Disclose for Business Purposes
We collect the following categories of personal information as described in the Personal Information We Collect section. We collect this information from you, your devices, third parties, or as otherwise described in this policy. We use these categories as described in the Use of Your Personal Information section above, and we disclose these categories of personal information for business purposes as described in the Disclosure of Your Personal Information section above:
• Identifiers, such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or IP address.
• Demographic information, such as your gender and age.
• Commercial information, such as records of purchases and payment information.
• Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as log data, and information about the devices and computers you use to access the Services.
• Geolocation data, such as GPS signals, device sensors, Wi-Fi access points, and cell tower IDs, where you have allowed access to that information.
• Electronic, visual, or similar information, such as photos.
• Other information you provide, such as messages on discussion boards or responses to surveys.
• Inferences drawn from any of the above, including about the content or ads that may be of interest to you.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Protection Act (CCPA), California residents have the right to request access to or deletion of their personal information, to request additional details about our information practices, to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. Below we explain how you may exercise these rights. If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us at Privacy@viacom.com, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
You may request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have about you. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of personal information we collect, the sources of information, the types of third parties we share information with, the types of personal information we share for business purposes, and details about the information we have sold, if any. You may request access by visiting http://viacomprivacy.com.
Editing and Deletion
You may review, modify, and delete your personal information by visiting viacomprivacy.com. Upon receipt of your request to exercise your rights to access and delete your personal information, we will verify your identity to protect your security and personal information. After submitting a request, please monitor your email for verification instructions. Note that even if we honor your request to delete your information, we may retain certain information as required or permitted by law.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
As described above, some of our brands may share your personal information with advertising partners so that they can show advertisements on our properties, and these advertisements may be targeted to your interests, which may constitute a “sale” under California law. Where a brand does this, it will give you the option to opt out of disclosures for these purposes by following the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link on the homepage or download page of the relevant website, mobile app, or other service.
Information for European Residents
The Services are operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Services, participating in any of our Services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
We and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, other countries where the laws may not provide levels of protection for your personal information equivalent the protection provided by the laws of the European Union or elsewhere outside of the United States. When we do this, we take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an appropriate level of protection through contractual requirements imposed on the recipient of the information (you can obtain a copy of these clauses by contacting us at DataPrivacyRights@viacom.com .
Questions or Complaints from European Residents
For Residents of Europe:
Data Protection Officer