VIDCON SÃO PAULO 2023 – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Date of latest update: November 16, 2022.
VidCon is proud to present the 1st edition of VidCon in São Paulo/SP, Brazil (“Event”). The following Terms and Conditions (Terms) apply to you and third parties who register to participate in any VidCon event (“Participant”), and the Participant’s registration, attendance, participation, registration and/or registration for the Event, including, but not limited to, ticket purchase and/or possession of any registration material for the Event, such as credentials, tickets, passes and courtesies (“Credentials”). By clicking “I Accept” below and/or purchasing your Credentials you agree to these terms.
1. Cancellation and refund policy. All Credentials are the exclusive property of VidCon. VidCon may, at its discretion and at any time, cancel, revoke or refuse from any person or company the following: Credentials, purchases, and/or tickets. VidCon will not be liable for any penalties, fees, losses or expenses resulting from such decision.
- Please refer to our reimbursement policy below.
Please read carefully the reimbursement rules below:
- Reimbursements for tickets for VidCon São Paulo 2023 will only be accepted if requested within 7 calendar days after placing the order and 48 hours before the start of the event.
- The request for a refund must be made in writing through the email firstname.lastname@example.org informing the order number, name, CPF and email of the person responsible for the order.
- If the order was paid by credit card, the refund will be made on the same card used and will be credited on your next or subsequent invoice.
- If the order has been paid with a bank slip, the refund will be made in the bank account of the person responsible for the order within 15 working days after being informed.
- In case of cancellation of ticket purchase in which a convenience fee was charged, it will not be returned.
- Tickets already purchased cannot be transferred to another date.
- Ticket cancellation also automatically cancels your Meet & Greet session.
- Unused credentials have no monetary value and cannot be used as credit in subsequent years and in future events. VidCon will not reimburse or credit unused discount coupons for any failure in the payment process. Discounts granted depend on the date payment was received by VidCon.
- The use of the credential by third parties will result in its revocation without the right to reimbursement.
2. Tickets issued by VidCon can only be collected and used by the ticket holder. VidCon Tickets are personal and non-transferable once purchased. VidCon credentials allow the holder to enter specific events, but do not guarantee access to all events organized by VidCon. Entry to the event is subject to the capacity of the event venue and age restrictions imposed by local and state laws. The indicative classification will depend on the venue of the event. Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
3. Photographs and/or audio/video recordings made during the Event by VidCon, or by third parties on behalf of VidCon, may include the image, name and voice of a Participant. By attending the Event, the Participant or his legal representative who purchased the ticket and/or registered the Participant (in the case of children and teenagers) automatically and expressly grants VidCon permission to use their photograph, image, voice and statements for any purpose, including, but not limited to, commercial purposes, without any reimbursement and/or indemnification to the Participant, in any and all media now known or created in the future.
4. Participation in the event will imply acceptance of the terms of the VidCon Code of Conduct. VidCon reserves the right to cancel the credentials, without reimbursement, compensation and/or indemnification, of the Participant who violates the rules established in the Code of Conduct.
5. Each Event Participant understands that participation in the Event is completely voluntary and may involve physical risks, property damage, and other loss or damage. The Participant assumes all physical risks, material damages, and other losses or damages, whether foreseen or unforeseen, that may occur when participating in the Event.
6. IN NO EVENT SHALL VIDCON BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANT AND/OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY, FOR ANY KIND OF PERSONAL OR PROPERTY DAMAGES, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR ANY OTHER, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, RESULTING, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE REGISTRATION OF ANY PARTICIPANT, THE USE OF CREDENTIALS AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, EVEN IF VIDCON HAS BEEN NOTIFIED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE POSSIBILITY.
7. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS, PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, AND ALL SERVICES AND PRODUCTS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THEM, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR SECURITY, OR ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY RESULT IN THE GRANT. VIDCON EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
8. Each Participant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless VidCon and its subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, directors, officers, shareholders, attorneys, employees, licensors, contractors, consultants, suppliers, agents and other representatives from and against any and all claims, demands and all other liabilities, including, without limitation, costs and attorney’s fees, incurred by any third party, arising out of or related to the use, by each Participant, of the registration(s) or Credentials, or by any breach of the Terms by the Participant.
9. VidCon Credentials may not be used as a prize in any form of promotion, contest, game or sweepstakes without the prior written approval of VidCon.
10. The Lost and Found section will be located at the information desk during the Event. Items found can be delivered to the information desk during the Event. Participants can also send an email to email@example.com describing the item and where they found or lost it. Ninety (90) days after the Event, lost and unclaimed found items may be discarded at VidCon’s sole discretion.
11. The Terms will be governed by the laws in force in Brazil, regardless of the principles of conflicting laws. Each Participant and VidCon irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of São Paulo, and agree that such court will be the appropriate forum for the determination of any dispute that arises in relation to the terms.
13. The schedule and timing of the contents, attractions and/or activities planned for the event, as well as the list of invited artists, may change at any time, in particular due to acts of God or force majeure, regardless of prior notice or another condition, through simple communication on the website and on the event’s social networks, it being certain that any change will not constitute a reason for the Participant’s cancellation of the purchase of tickets, except for the exceptions expressly provided for.
14. VidCon reserves the right to make changes to the Terms at any time and without notice, by simply updating the event website, therefore, we suggest that you check and revise the Terms periodically. If any of these conditions or provisions of the Terms are held invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such term or provision will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term or provision.